I am an assistant professor in the Computer Science Department
at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
I completed my Ph.D. at the University of Massachusetts Amherst advised by
Prof. Prashant Shenoy in 2016.
I am a system builder. My research is about modeling system behaviors, especially these of large scale systems,
and to build prototypes that help to empirically evaluate system's behaviors.
Broadly, I am interested in designing systems to handle new trade-offs in cost, performance and efficiency.
Specially, I have worked on research projects,
in the context of distributed systems and cloud computing,
that automate cloud resource management tasks, improve distributed application performance
and provide new system abstractions.
I am always looking for motivated and qualified students to work with me
on cloud-scale system research. Please send me an email with your updated CV if you are interested.
I have been fortunate to work with some excellent graduate students:
- Current PhD Student
- Other Student Collaborators
The undergrad and MS students I’ve worked with: Huayan Sun (MS'17, Airbnb), Huyen Nguyen (BS'18), Augusto Wong (BS'19), Mario Zyla (BS'19).
- 04/30/2018: My student, Sam Ogden has had our paper on efficient mobile deep inference accepted at HotEdge 2018!
- 03/06/2018: NSF funds grant on mobile-aware resource management.
- 12/07/2017: My mobile deep inference paper is accepted for publishing in IC2E'18!
- 11/25/2017: Our geo-elasticity paper is accepted for publishing in TOIT'17.
- 07/29/2017: Our paper on cloud-baesd SDN measurement is accepted for publishing in IEEE NFV-SDN'17.
- 06/16/2017: I will be serving on IC2E'18 PC, please consider submitting!
- 05/10/2017: Our database geo-elasticity paper is accepted for publishing in TAAS'17.
- 04/14/2017: I will be serving on APSys'17 PC, please consider submitting!
- 03/21/2017: I will continue my journey as a tenure-track assistant professor at WPI starting Fall 2017.
- 01/19/2017: Our Virtual Desktop optimization paper has been accepted for publishing in Multimedia Systems 2017!
- 01/12/2017: I have successfully finished reviewing all the papers from EuroSys'17!
- 01/07/2017: Our Spot Market risk management paper has been accepted for publishing in TPDS 2017.
- More News »