This is a simple assignment to get you familiar with logging into the edlab and navigating directories.
1. Connect to the Edlab with SSH
2. Log into your account and change your password (it may make you do this automatically)
3. Look around your home directory
4. Browse the various directories off of your home
cdto enter a folder
cd ..to go back a directory
cd(with no arguments) to jump directly to your home directory
5. Create a new file in your course specific home directory
*Hint*: To check that the file exists
cd /courses/cs100/cs197u/USERNAME;where USERNAME is your is the same name you used to login to EDlab.
How to submit your first assignment?
hw1.txtexists in the correct directory. (See Step 5)