- [Students]: I am currently looking for motivated and qualified students to work with me
on cloud-scale system research. If you are a WPI student who are passionate about building systems, please
come talk to me. For students outside WPI, I encourage you to apply to our graduate program.
- [Visiting Scholars]: I am also interested in collaborating with visiting scholars
in the broad areas of system and machine learning.
I am an assistant professor in the Computer Science Department
at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
I completed my Ph.D. at the University of Massachusetts Amherst advised by
Prof. Prashant Shenoy in 2016.
I am a system builder. My research is about modeling system behaviors, especially these of large scale systems,
and to build prototypes that help to empirically evaluate system's behaviors.
Broadly, I am interested in designing systems to handle new trade-offs in cost, performance and efficiency.
Specially, I have worked on research projects,
in the context of distributed systems and cloud computing,
that automate cloud resource management tasks, improve distributed application performance
and provide new system abstractions.
I have been fortunate to work with some excellent graduate students:
- Current PhD Student
- Other Student Collaborators
- 06/16/2017:I will be serving on IC2E'18 PC, please consider submitting!
- 05/10/2017: Our database geo-elasticity paper is accepted for publishing in TAAS'17.
- 04/14/2017: I will be serving on APSys'17 PC, please consider submitting!
- 03/21/2017: I will continue my journey as a tenure-track assistant professor at WPI starting Fall 2017.
- 01/19/2017: Our Virtual Desktop optimization paper has been accepted for publishing in Multimedia Systems 2017!
- 01/12/2017: I have successfully finished reviewing all the papers from EuroSys'17!
- 01/07/2017: Our Spot Market risk management paper has been accepted for publishing in TPDS 2017.
- 10/25/2016: I have started teaching CS4518 Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing at WPI. Checkout some of the student projects.
- 08/31/2016: Our NFaaS paper has been accepted at HotWeb 2016.
- 08/15/2016: I joined Computer Science Department at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute as an Assistant Research Professor.
- 07/28/2016: I successfully defended my Ph.D. thesis!
- 06/09/2016: I've joined the IC2E 2017 organizing committee. Please consider submit!
- More News »